Institution: The Inter-American Development Bank
Country: The Republic of Suriname
Project: Promoting Sustainable Forest Management
Loan No.: ATN/OC-18844-SU
Reference No.: 01COP032023
Open to: All Interested Candidates / All Sources
Position: Individual Consultant
Working hours: 50 hours for 4 months
Deadline: 19 April 2023
The Republic of Suriname has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), toward the cost of implementing a program related to The Promotion of Sustainable Forest Management.
This program is implemented by the Foundation for Forest Management and Production Control (SBB).
The Executing Agency invites all suitable and qualified candidates to apply for the vacant position of an Individual Consultant responsible for finalizing the Code of Practice for the Research and Development Department. Candidates will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out by the Inter-American Development Bank for Individual Consultants (GN-2350-15).
THE OBJECTIVES OF THE CONSULTANCY:
- Finalize the previous COP so that it is aligned with the new developments and innovations in the forestry sector, including feedback collected through an engagement process with stakeholders and experts.
- Provide a proposed framework that can be used to measure compliance of the field operations with the COP.
- University degree in forestry, environmental management, natural resource management with more than three (3) years experience or a related technical degree with more than five (5) years of relevant experience;
- Demonstrated experience in Reduced Impact Logging and/or climate smart forestry activities (RIL-C)
- Demonstrated experience in social and community development.
- Demonstrated experience in Environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skills for the synthesis and writing of technical documents.
- Knowledge of English, Dutch and preferably Sranan
- Excellent team players, and preferable residence in Suriname
Click on the link for more information about the TOR Code of practice; ”Promoting sustainable forest management”
Further information, including full Terms of Reference, can be obtained by sending an e-mail to the e-mail addresses below. Applications for the position must be done by e-mail by submitting a Curriculum Vitae and cover letter by 19 April 2023 before 16.00 p.m. Suriname Time (SRT).
Foundation for Forestry Management and Production Control (SBB)
Martin Luther Kingweg pc. 283
Paramaribo – Suriname
Tel: 483131 extension 24