Vacancy for Consulting services
Institution: Foundation for Forest Management and Production Control
Project: Promotion of Sustainable Forest Management
Sector: Forestry sector
Abstract: “Action plan towards strengthening National Certification Mechanisms”
Loan/Credit/Grant No.: ATN/OC-18844-SU
Deadline: May 23th, 2023
The Foundation for Forest Management and Production Control (SBB) has received financing from the Inter-American Development Bank (IDB), toward the cost of implementing a program related to The Promotion of Sustainable Forest Management and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services. One component of this program is focusing on Strengthening National Certification Mechanisms related to the topic, and the SBB is seeking a company to implement these consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include a desk study on available documentation related to the topic resulting in generating an Action Plan towards Strengthening National Certification Mechanisms.
The SBB now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. These services will extend to the duration of 6 months for 70 working days. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
The Firm (or, in the case that a consortium applies, at least one of the Firms being part of the consortium) must have at least 5 years of experience in supporting companies to get a certification and/ or to support governmental institutions to establish national certification standards. The company needs to have experience with Sustainable Forest Management.
A team with a minimum of three people is preferred for this consultancy, but as a minimum the project team must consist of two people. The following profiles are being suggested for the team members, although the applying consultancy or consortium may allocate the roles differently:
The team members need to have a good understanding of the forestry sector and the recent developments within this sector related to the promotion of local processing and REDD+.
The consultants need the following skills and competencies:
- University degree in forestry, environmental management, natural resource management with more than three years’ experience or a related technical degree with more than five years of relevant experience.
- Demonstrated experience in Reduced Impact Logging and/or climate smart forestry activities (RIL-C)
- Demonstrated experience in certification standards on a national level or on a company level
- Demonstrated skills for the synthesis and writing of technical documents.
- Experience in the forest sector in Suriname is an asset.
- Knowledge of English, Dutch preferred
Interested companies must provide the following documentation:
- List with and short description of at least three (3) nationwide projects that the Firm (or, in the case that a consortium applies, at least one of the Firms being part of the consortium) have experience in supporting companies to get a certification and/ or to support governmental institutions to establish national certification standards.
- List with and short description of activities that show evidence of experience with Sustainable Forest Management of the Firm (or, in the case that a consortium applies, at least one of the Firms being part of the consortium).
- List of at least three (3) references.
- Contact information.
- Confirmation that the above-mentioned experts are available.
- Proof of official registration of the company.
- Curriculum Vitae of all team members.
Consultants will be selected in accordance with the procedures set out in the Policies for the Selection and Contracting of Consultants financed by the Inter-American Development Bank GN-2350-15 and is open to all eligible bidders as defined in the policies.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a sub-consultancy to enhance their qualifications. To establish the short list, the nationality of a firm is that of the country in which it is legally incorporated or constituted and in the case of Joint Venture, the nationality of the firm appointed to represent it.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the Consultants Qualifications Selection (CQS) method set out in the Consultant Policies.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 7.30am until 3.00pm.
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by May 23th, 2023 at 16.00h, mentioning in the subject the name “Action plan towards strengthening National Certification Mechanisms”.
Stichting voor Bosbeheer en Bostoezicht
Attn: Stanley Betterson, CEO
Ds. Martin Luther Kingweg 283
Tel: 483131 extension 244